Monday, August 20, 2007

Ball Pits Danger (WARNING!)

This could happen to your child


McDonalds, Ikea, Go Banannas, Discovery Zone... All places with ball pits
in the children's play area.



One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those
balls, trying to find his watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, faeces, and
other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised
hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month.



I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in
another ball pit. Some of you might not be parents, but you may have
nieces, nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children.





Hi. My name is Lauren Archer. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son Kevin
to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed him
to play in the ball pit.



When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to
the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mummy, it hurts." I couldn't find
anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it
was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon
investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under
the welt.



I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started
vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From there,
we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out that
the welt on his Buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken
off inside.



The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next
week, The police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten
food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten
lollies, nappies, faeces, and the stench of urine. (You can find the
article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland
Chronicle.)



Don't think it's just McDonald's either. A little boy had been playing in a
ball pit @ a Hungry Jacks & started complaining of his legs hurting. He
later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs &
buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a
copperhead's nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a
very poisonous snake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home